Project status: In progress
Students in the Kalgoorlie-Boulder region will have access to better educational opportunities and outcomes through the redevelopment of the Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School and Education Support Centre.
The $45 million Royalties for Regions investment, through the Goldfields Esperance Revitalisation initiative, will enable appropriate teaching catering to individual learning needs and complemented with facilities conducive to modern teaching practices.
The project involves the construction of new facilities for students in years 7-10 including students with disability.
- Three classroom blocks for student years 7-9
- Visual arts centre
- Change rooms and associated amenities in the sports hall
- Education support classrooms and specialist facilities for students with disability
It also includes refurbishment of:
- Classrooms to create new science laboratories
- Amenities in the sports hall
- Parts of the design technology area
- General classroom spaces to appropriate standards
The project will provide the opportunity to retain teaching staff and administrators, enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.